Pages

Thursday 30 January 2014

FWF #1



M O N O C H R O M E






F L O R A L    V I N T A G E 






C H E C K S   &   T A R T A N

                                                                   

I am currently working on a project called Fashion with Faith - The Khimar

The 'Khimar' is the given name for the headscarf worn by many female Muslims. It is also known as a Hijab, however the name Hijab also refers to the covering of the whole body besides your hands and face; many wear the Niqab (veil) to cover their face. 

As a Muslim myself and growing up around people who wear the headscarf, I find that many girls and women struggle to play with the idea of western fashion when wearing the Khimar. Some suggest wearing western clothing is forbidden, and stick to the idea of wearing cultural clothing. However, personally i think there is a big difference between religion and culture.


This project aims to inspire girls and women of all ages with new concepts of modest fashion, combining the Khimar with contemporary trends in the fashion world.

I decided to put together a set of current and upcoming fashion trends that would be ideal for my project. After much planning and waiting hours on end for a bright day, I managed to get some shooting done! I have included an image from some of the trends I have worked with so far, to give you an example of the overall idea of my project.

Fashion with Faith - The Khimar (book) will be launched around April 2014. 



No comments :

Post a Comment